What's on my mind

Random Thoughts In My Mind

The world has become an amusing place...

We need Facebook to tell others how we are feeling

We need Twitter to have an opinion

We need Instagram to enjoy our food

We need Snapchat to cherish memories

And most of all, we need an internet connection to have a life...

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Drive Slow

Were the last words of my dad when I dropped him at the railway station on 24th July 2011. Funny, life has been slow. And there lies no reason for me to take it easy on the road either. I don't drive to show off. It just gives me the feeling of thrill, a sense of control. And why should I drive slow. Every time I have driven slow, I met with and accident. It might seem stupid but that's the truth. This particular note may be confusing you. Am I talking about life or about driving? It's kind of both really. A comparison perhaps. I remember Prof. Lawrence's first lecture in first year. He snapped his fingers while he spoke, "Dude, you will never realize when these 4 years will pass by".

     And here I am. 2 long years have passed. Life is the same as it was then. Worthless. Look at the technologies. You buy Android 2.0 today and then they launch 2.1 after 4 months. Accept it or not the world is picking up pace real fast. Some years back it took 5 yrs to complete degree course in engineering. Now it is 4 years. I think some time soon it will be reduced to 3 years. Engineers at the age 20/21. Some things are eternal though, for instance, the C programming class I have joined. No matter how developed computing may become, C will always be the mother of all programming languages and will never loose it's importance

So, moral of the story?

think, live, progress fast but drive slow :)

thanks for reading/listening

1 comment: